- De-lube tracks
- Install fenders
- Start the CAD adventure
Evan, Hunter, and Fletcher went to Evan’s house today to work on installing some protective devices for the treads,
We designed this because of the problem of other robots snapping our tracks during a match and thus immobilizing is for the match. This happened way to many times at the San Diego regional championship. Also we saw some of the other teams using a lot of CAD in their notebook, notably team 4112 The Warriors from Rock Academy, who won the inspire award at the regional. This lead us to believe that we should give it a shot, so Hunter is in the process of converting all the drawings and physical aspects of the robot itself.
This was a short meeting, in our week-long journey till the LA regional.
These are what the finished fenders look like.
We also slightly elevated the front compartment of our hand to give a better setup for putting rings on the goals. The ring in this picture that is slightly higher is the one towards the front of the robot.
Finally, we added a metal piece to secure the USB into the Samantha module because we have had trouble with the USB popping out of it again. We also put the power switch on the front panel of the robot so it is in a more convenient location to turn the robot on and off.